Coal and biomass rail freight services for the energy-generation sector
DB Cargo UK offers reliable, cost-effective, payload optimised rail freight services for coal and biomass deliveries to the UK’s major power stations.
Rail freight services to power the UK
We are a major transporter of ESI coal and emerging biomass materials for the UK’s energy-generation sector. We carry a significant amount of the coal transported on the UK rail network for the top energy companies, and we have developed innovative high-capacity biomass wagons to meet growing demand for biomass rail services.
National coverage on the UK’s largest coal train fleet
Wherever you need to transport coal or biomass, you can be sure we have the resources and rolling stock to meet your requirements. We run the largest fleet of coal hopper wagons and locomotives in the UK, offering security of supply and national coverage from most major supply points to most UK power stations.
Best payload per train metre ratio in the UK
We are the energy generators’ first-choice rail-freight provider for reliability and safety, sector expertise and cost-effectiveness. In fact, our coal hopper wagons offer the best ratio of payload per train metre in the UK. This means we can deliver up to 1,750 tonnes of coal per train. This is a crucial consideration for an industry driven by efficiency and sustainability.
Wagon innovation for biomass transportation
To serve the emerging biomass sector, which requires reliable, regular deliveries of wood pellets to power stations, we have applied our engineering expertise to develop an innovative biomass wagon.
These wagons offer high-capacity biomass transportation and were specially designed and modified from existing assets by us. This commitment to the biomass market assures customers that we can offer a regular, efficient, cost-effective solution for this growing sector of the market.
Tailored supply chain solutions for energy generators
When choosing DB Cargo UK, you get much more than just a standard service. We work with you to develop bespoke supply chain solutions around your requirements. These can include:
- Loading and unloading services
- Last-mile transportation solutions
- Gypsum unloading and transportation
- Rail-to-road coal unloading
- Road-to-rail coal loading
- Terminal track laying and maintenance
Why choose DB Cargo UK for coal and biomass rail haulage?
- National coverage and security of supply via UK’s largest coal train fleet
- Innovative, high-capacity biomass wagons
- Cost-effective solution – train payload optimisation
- Tailored solutions and specialised wagons to meet specific requirements
- Sustainable logistics solutions to protect the environment and achieve CO2 reduction targets
- Dedicated around-the-clock customer service – track and trace
If you would like to find out more about our rail freight services and how we can help you reach your objectives, then contact us.