A dedicated rail freight service for the petroleum sector
DB Cargo UK is the leading provider of rail haulage services for the chemicals industry, specifically the petroleum sector.
Industry leading rail freight services for petroleum products
As the leading provider of rail haulage services for the UK petrochemical industry we can transport petroleum products from every operational rail connected refinery in the country.
Payload optimisation through specialised tank wagons
To provide the safe, reliable and efficient service required by the petrochemical industry, we are the only UK rail freight company to own a fleet of specialised 102t tank wagons for petroleum products. By operating the longest petroleum trains on the UK network, these dedicated 102t tank wagons enable us to maximise train payloads.
Rail services to every rail connected UK refinery
Our full UK coverage ranges from Grangemouth refinery in the north to Fawley refinery in the south, and from the Humber and Lindsey refineries in the east to Milford Haven on the west coast.
Tailored rail services to the petroleum sector
Our proven track record in the industry enables us to develop services to suit your operational requirements. Our IT systems offer real-time train monitoring and 24-hour track and trace services. Our Class Super 60 locomotives are powerful heavy haul locomotives enabling our customers to benefit from 3,000t trains.
Safety driven business
Safety is a cornerstone of DB Cargo's business. Our experience in the petrochemical industry ensures we understand the safety and environmental requirements of the industry and of our customers. We have a structured training programme to ensure all staff meet the requirements of the Petrochemical industry and we are also provide visibility of our safety processes to customers.
In the event of an emergency anywhere on the rail network or at your own facilities, our experienced teams provide a fast, professional and integrated response to any incident.
Continuous improvement in service delivery
We are committed to continuous improvement in our services to the petroleum sector and we work with our customers to increase train tonnage and also to secure efficiency savings for our customers.
Quality rail services
DB Cargo ensures Quality is at the heart of its operations and as a business we operate to the following quality standards:
- ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation
- RISQS (Rail Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme)
Why choose DB Cargo UK for petroleum rail haulage?
- National coverage and security of supply via UK’s largest rail network
- Only UK rail operator with its own petroleum rail tank wagons
- Tailored rail services to meet specific petrochemical industry requirements
- Sustainable solution including 'Stop-Start' locomotive technology, to protect the environment and achieve CO2 reduction targets
- Dedicated 24/7 customer service centre
- In-house rail engineering specialists for locomotive and rail wagon maintenance:
- Can provide rail wagon maintenance on-site at customers premises
- Able to provide ECM (Entity in Charge of Maintenance) services for customers
If you would like to find out more about our rail freight services and how we can help your business, contact us.