Versatile Production Manager
Production managers lead and manage a designated group of Train Drivers, Groundstaff and Engineers to develop a high performing work force which delivers to our customers.
This role is both challenging and varied, with a real emphasis being placed upon ‘real time leadership’, it will appeal to someone who is focussed on ensuring standards are consistently high and potential candidates must possess a sense of urgency and have the ability to meet set timescales.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Technical competency and customer focus
- Leadership and management
- Cost and financial controls
- Service delivery
Duties of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Daily Liaison with our customers
- Daily management of front line staff
- Assessments and compliance
- Leadership and development of teams
- Investigation of accidents and incidents and dealing with poor performance and attendance issues
- Attend incidents and derailments assuming the role of RIO (Rail Incident Officer) including on-call commitment
- Cost control and budget management
- Team coaching/methods of instruction training
- Data input and analysis
- Three years management experience in a field operations role
- Proven track record of leading successful teams
- Successful management of Safety Critical Operations
- Experience of competently dealing with people issues including conflict situations
- Track record of successfully liaising with customers
- Excellence in delivering our products and services to our customers
- Good quality general education or able to demonstrate a high standard of written and verbal communications skills in English because of the safety critical nature of the role.
- Proven record of self development
- Valid Personal Track Safety Card
- Qualified in Rules and Regulations within the rail industry
- Thorough understanding of the markets served by DB Cargo and the UK rail operation to support these
- Management of KPI’s and Service Level Agreements with internal and external customers
- Health and Safety legislation on the UK rail network as it applies to operations and engineering activities
- Management of operational incidents / accidents when called to attend as part of On Call (out of hours coverage)
- Must hold a valid UK Driving Licence
37 hours per week.
As this is a management position there will be a requirement to work additional hours.
Shift & Weekend Working
Yes there will be a requirement to work shifts and weekends. On-call duties will also form part of this position.
This is safety critical position and successful candidates are therefore subject to attaining satisfactory medical standards and screening for alcohol and drugs.
What is the normal recruitment process?
When there is a “live” vacancy, interested parties can submit an application by email together with their CV, full address details and their current notice period, which are then forwarded on to the appointing manager. From there the process is:
- Appointing Manager shortlists suitable candidates
- Suitable candidates will complete an on-line questionnaire
- Suitable candidates attend a competency based interview with the appointing manager & HR Business Partner
- Appointing Manager selects the most suitable candidate