Resource Delivery Manager (Ground Staff)
Starting Salary Dependant on skills and experience
DB Cargo (UK) is part of a worldwide mobility and logistics corporation – Deutsche Bahn AG, and is the UK’s largest rail freight services provider transporting everything from cereals to coal, barbecues to biomass and petroleum to steel.
At DB Cargo (UK), we believe in a strong future for rail freight and our vision is to be the first choice for Rail Freight in the UK. We continue to make key investments in our people, assets and infrastructure along with bespoke in-house IT solutions, to give our customers the best service and make it easy for them to do business with us.
DB Cargo (UK) has an exciting opportunity to join the Production Department in providing efficient and effective diagramming and rostering of Ground Staff and Train Plan. This is a full time position that will require the applicant to be flexible in working hours. The role is based in Bescot but with regular travel thought out the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the effective cost efficient roster of Ground Staff teams members to ensure resources are allocated in line with the customer order train plan
- Lead the ground staff roster team, managing day to day issues, sickness and work allocation
- Continual review of the base links to find efficiency and improvements
- Work closely with the relevant management within the areas. To resolve resource shortage issues.
- Be the lead on the reviewing of in-house systems and processes to identify and implement business improvements
- Attend office and national meetings, visiting Hubs nationwide
- Work closely with the recognised trade union to ensure all agreements a=re adhered too.
- Support the Resource Delivery Manager and Head of Operations in the effective delivery of the train plan.
- Act as deputy when required for the Resource Control Manager.
What are we looking for?
- Previous team management and team leadership
- Railway knowledge and experience desirable
- Resource Management desirable
- Experience in working with Trade Unions
- Good UK Rail Geography
- Flexible in working locations
- Project Management experience
- UK Driving Licence
- IT Skills
- CMI Management and Leadership desirable
- Company pension scheme
- 31 days paid holiday each year in addition to 2 public holidays
- Family rewards – benefit scheme
- Company training available
If you feel you have the desired requirements, please send you CV to email@example.com. Please put on reference in the subject bar in the title of the email.