Groundstaff (Mobile Operative)
(Updated 22 March 2019)
Starting Salary: £24,879 per annum plus shift allowance £3,219 per annum (plus London allowance, where applicable)
Following probationary period: £26,035 per annum + allowance(s)
Location: Various locations throughout the UK to include; Cornwall, West London, North Kent, Essex
DB Cargo (UK) is part of a worldwide mobility and logistics corporation – Deutsche Bahn AG, and is the UK’s largest rail freight services provider transporting everything from cereals to coal, barbecues to biomass, and petroleum to steel.
At DB we believe in a strong future for rail freight and our vision is to be the first choice for Rail Freight in the UK. We continue to make key investments in our people, assets and infrastructure along with bespoke in-house IT solutions, to give our customers the best service and make it easy for them to do business with us.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Train preparation; shunting, marshalling
- Train despatch
- Problem solving
- Railway yard management
- Safe operations of trains
What are we looking for?
- A highly motivated and committed individual
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Safety focused
- A full UK driving licence
- Must be prepared to work shifts to include weekend and night work
- 35 hours per week
- Must be located within a 60 minute travel time of working location
- Rail experience desirable
- Company pension scheme
- 31 days paid holiday each year in addition to 2 public holidays
- Family rewards – benefit scheme
- Company training available
An assessment will form part of the selection process and full training will be given to successful candidates.
Please do not submit an application if you have been interviewed for this position in the last 6 months.
If you are interested in joining the UK’s leading rail freight business as a Mobile Operative, please forward your CV and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state which location you wish to be considered for.