The UK's largest rail freight services provider
DB Cargo UK is the UK’s largest rail freight company. We operate trains across the UK transporting everything from cereals to coal, barbecues to biomass, and petroleum to steel.
We provide freight, infrastructure and passenger charter trains throughout the UK, and freight services to and from mainland Europe via the Channel Tunnel. We also provide traction and train crew for scheduled passenger operators.
Complete logistics and supply chain services
To offer customers a complete one-stop solution for rail freight transportation, we provide a full range of logistics, supply chain and associated services, including door-to-door deliveries, warehousing and terminal-management.
This means customers can choose a single supplier to transport freight from ports and terminals to destinations throughout the UK, on time and with minimal environmental impact.
The UK’s largest locomotive and wagon fleet
Such extensive resources give customers the capacity they need to move bulk products throughout the UK and into Europe quickly, efficiently and on time.
- Trainload - When you need to move bulk quantities of goods, we can offer trainload services, allowing you to book entire trains for exclusive use.
- Wagonloads - We’re the only operator of wagonload services in the UK, enabling customers to book as many wagons as they need on multi-user trains.
- International - Frequent, reliable intermodal and trainload rail freight services via the Channel Tunnel, transporting goods door-to-door right across Europe.
- Terminal operations - We offer intermodal and logistics terminal-management expertise and advanced technology to provide value-added rail freight solutions.
To support and complement our rail freight operations, we offer a range of additional services, including:
- Passenger resource services - We can provide drivers, locomotives, coaches and support teams for passenger rail services. We also operate the Orient Express and the Royal Train.
- Rail industry services - We offer a suite of services to the UK rail industry to support infrastructure maintenance and renewals, rail projects and specialist services for Network Rail.