Groundstaff Team Member
Working with customers to deliver efficient rail freight services
Groundstaff Team Members are either based at a single location or cover a number of sites in and around a location. They are required to work closely on site with our customers to ensure the efficient delivery of our services and at many sites are the face of DB Cargo UK to the customer.
Duties can vary from depot to depot, but will include:
- Safe train preparation
- Safe train dispatch
- Loads examination
- Safety checks on rolling stock ( RST examinations )
- Resolving day-to-day problems
- Ensuring consistently high standards of service to our customers
35 hours per week
Shift and weekend working
This can vary from depot to depot, but there will be a requirement to work shifts and weekends, which means flexibility is required.
Successful candidates will be given full training, which will include personal track safety, shunting training, RST training and practical assessments will be undertaken to ensure they are applying their training correctly and safety.
This is a safety-critical position and successful candidates are therefore subject to attaining satisfactory medical standards and screening for alcohol and drugs.
What is the recruitment process?
Vacancies are advertised on our website. Interested parties can submit an application by email together with their CV, full address details and current notice period, which are forwarded on to the Appointing Manager. Then, the process is as follows:
- Appointing Manager shortlists candidates who meet the job requirements
- Suitable candidates attend groundstaff assessments due to the safety critical nature of the role
- Suitable candidates attend interview with the Appointing Manager
- Appointing Manager selects the most suitable candidate
Last modified: 03.03.2016