Our Train Drivers enable DB Cargo UK to deliver on its promises to our customers.
As a company we are committed to the training and development of staff. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop your new career in driving or into management.
- Good ability to concentrate over long periods
- Experience of working shifts including nights
- An ability to adapt to freight train operations (for qualified Passenger Train Drivers)
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- An excellent understanding of normal and emergency procedures
- The ability to react quickly, calmly and safely to unexpected problems
- A responsible attitude and a high level of safety awareness
- A willingness to work flexibly
- Lodging away from home
Train drivers work on an annualised contract of 1595 hours per contract year which equates to 35 hours per week.
Shift & Weekend Working
Yes there will be a requirement to work shifts and weekends.
This is safety critical position and successful candidates are therefore subject to attaining satisfactory medical standards and screening for alcohol and drugs.
What is the normal recruitment process?
When there is a “live” vacancy, interested parties can submit an application by email together with their CV, full address details and their current notice period, which are then forwarded on to the appointing manager
- Appointing Manager interviews suitable candidates
- Appointing Manager selects the most suitable candidate