Service Desk Analyst
DB Systel (UK) has an opportunity available for a Service Desk Analyst, based at their Head Office in Doncaster.
You will be a member of the Service Desk providing support for the customer’s IT systems taking responsibility for incident management and request fulfilment as the first point of contact for all IT issues and enquiries.
You will work 37 hours per week between 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday-Friday. After 3 months the role may become a full shift-compliant role with shifts suitable for a 24/7 desk (including nights and weekends). A 17% shift allowance would be payable for this shift pattern.
- Take ownership of incidents, requests and alerts, ensuring their resolution and fulfillment in line with the Service Desk objectives
- Accept and appropriately log all calls received via phone, email, alerts or in person
- Advise customers on the telephone and by e-mail regarding technical issues raised by them and either resolve their issues or pass the incident to the appropriate person or team for resolution
- Monitor system alerting software and be responsible for prioritisation, escalation and resolution
- Adhere to all appropriate policies and procedures
- Undertake any tasks relating to the work of the Service Desk and its customers as directed by the Service Desk Manager
- Demonstrable knowledge of PCs, mobile/handheld devices, Windows operating systems, MS office either in a training/work environment or at home
- An understanding of IT support issues including software support, connectivity, basic account management, troubleshooting and escalation processes
- Experience of customer service/call handling/helpdesk (however this does not have to be within the IT industry)
- Excellent customer service skills with good written and verbal communication skills
Specific Additional/Personal Requirements
- Must be able to work on own initiative without the need for close supervision
- To be self motivated with a willingness to take responsibility and exercise initiative with the ability to take ownership of difficult situations
- To work well as part of a team
- Be open and honest
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads effectively and be able to deal with a variety of tasks
- Demonstrate the following key personal skills: active listening, decision making, interpersonal communication and time management
A salary of £16,000-18,5100 per annum is being offered, dependent upon experience.
If you are interested in joining DB Systel as a Service Desk Analyst, please forward your CV and a covering letter via email to: email@example.com by 20 November 2017.
Last modified: 10.11.2017