Training and Development Apprentice
Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
Salary £13,263 per annum – Apprenticeship – Full time (35 hour week)
DB Cargo (UK) is part of a worldwide mobility and logistics corporation – Deutsche Bahn AG, and is the UK’s largest rail freight services provider. At DB Cargo, we continue to make key investments in our people, assets and infrastructure along with bespoke in-house IT solutions, to give our customers the best service and make it easy for them to do business with us.
At DB, we believe in a strong future for rail freight and our vision is to be the first choice for Rail Freight in the UK. As a Training and Development Apprentice your role will be to provide an efficient and effective administrative service to the business.
You will work within Training and Development, supporting the team with administration support. This is a very varied role which will require an ability to prioritise your workload. It is essential that you are well organised with a good eye for detail. You will also need a good telephone manner and must communicate professionally at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties
The apprentice role consists of:
- Liaise with Technical programme manager, Recruitment manager and HR shared services team to co-ordinate operational technical training programmes for the year
- Monitor trainees progress on the programme and at work location
- Liaise with trainers and mentors and trainees line managers on a regular basis regarding trainees progress
- Assist trainers with preparation for courses as necessary
- Order personal protective equipment and publications
- Co-ordinate the on boarding process for all new trainees
- Ensure all training records are maintained on the HR database
- Check logbooks have been completed correctly and liaise with trainees, mentors and managers regarding any errors
- Data entry on spreadsheets, filing company documents
- Prepare reports on trainees progress for stakeholders
- Highlight any concerns regarding training programmes or trainees
- Attend meetings regarding operational technical training
- Cover holiday and sickness within the training and development administration team
- Complete Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship see link below for details
Below are a number of key competencies which will be needed for the role:
- Cooperative Team Work
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Ability to use your own initiative
Qualifications and Skills
A minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above that includes English Language and Maths.
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Family rewards – benefit scheme
Last modified: 23.05.2017