List No 749 Strategic Controller – Doncaster
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Strategic Controller in the Finance Department, based at Doncaster Lakeside. This is an exciting time to join the business as we launch our future business model.
- Financial management responsibilities for a number of Head Office Departments including; monthly variance analysis, developing robust Mid Term Plans / Forecasts and challenging discretional expenditure
- Support in the delivery of UK financial reporting to the parent company including submission of Financial Statements, KPIs and physical performance figures
- Support in the accurate allocation of operational costs against revenue streams
- Support in the communication of financial performance to parent company
- Ad-hoc tasks / projects on behalf of the Head of Controlling and CFO
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the TM1 financial reporting tool
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally be ACCA or ClMA part qualified / currently studying towards
- Ideally have experience in a Finance Analyst / Assistant Management Accountant type role
- Experience in the analysis and communication of financial performance, using both written and visual representations
Skills & Abilities
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and a willingness to be flexible / enthusiastic.
- Delivery focussed with the ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Highly analytical with good system skills (ideally SAP, TM1, MS Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Why work for us
- A competitive salary with an attractive benefits package (including study support)
- Development opportunities in an international company
DB Cargo UK is part of a worldwide mobility and logistics corporation – Deutsche Bahn AG, and is the UK’s largest rail freight services provider. At DB Cargo, we continue to make key investments in our people, assets and infrastructure along with bespoke in-house IT solutions, to give our customers the best service and make it easy for them to do business with us.
At DB, we believe in a strong future for rail freight and our vision is to be the first choice for Rail Freight in the UK.
The interview process will consist of two main parts; a competency based interview and individual presentation.
If you are interested in joining the UK’s leading rail freight business as a ‘Strategic Controller’, please forward your CV and a covering letter via email to: email@example.com no later than 18th August 2017.
Last modified: 09.08.2017